Sunday, October 16, 2005

tis the season?

As I walked to Joy's Noodles and Rice for dinner with Phil and Ross down Broadway Ave, I couldn't help but notice that many of the shops were loaded with holiday decor and products. I wonder if I have become oblivious to the season that is upon us. This year at the barn, we as a company decided to hold back on full frontal exposure of holiday decor till the beginning of November, whereas last year it was out the last week of September. Over the past few weeks,even, I have become more and more excited to begin to decorate for the holidays. But, it is only October. Where does one begin? We have Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years. We can't forget about the wonderful Jewish Holiday Season either. Do I have to pick and choose which ones, so that my decorating budget does not deplete? (not that I have one) I feel as if Christmas is the one to shoot for. Ross has laid down the law that we cannot have a live tree this year. I am filled with sadness, however I saw a fake 6ft tree at Walgreen's (yes...walgreens..and no.. we better not buy that cheap tree) that motivated me into a full acceptance of "the fake tree". What is a boy to do in this wonderful season that is upon us?

1 comment:

philidendron said...

...decorating budget...?
hmmm. I'd be interested in seeing this on paper.
:)