Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Leaves a fallin'

As I sat at the bus stop at 51st and Lake Park for an extraordinarily long time waiting for the #6 Jackson Park Express bus, I became aware of the odd weather around me. I remember earlier when the channel 5 newsman warned me not to go walking tonight because of thunderstorms and that I might get struck by lighting. Odd, indeed. So as the winds blew up slowly and then subsided, the clouds moved around, and the sky lit up and roared, I wondered indeed if channel 5 was correct, that on this erie night something odd might happen. As I sat alone for quite awhile I looked into the sky and saw, what I now believe to be the moon, a vague light disappear. Suddenly images from "Wars of the World" came into my mind. As I sat alone, I quickly called Phil to take my mind off of my absurdity and share it with him. Finally the bus came. 35 minutes later as I walked from the red line stop to my home, I noticed the leaves falling left and right as they had been windstruck earlier in the evening. I noticed that Fall is indeed here and that sadly it will be frigid soon.

No comments: