Monday, November 12, 2007

where are the good jeans?

After Philip and I dropped off our Rabbit to get detailed this morning we headed to North Michigan Avenue to do a little shopping for ourselves. Sadly the only things we left with were a bagel, a panini, and two small coffees from Einstein Bagel. Nothing at Sonoma in our budget, Lulemon has cool things but c'mon Philip...downward dog knickerbockers?, J.Crew was way too overwhelming and while that vest looks REALLY hot, $98 was quite a stretch. We walked through Filene's basement and after 5 minutes I felt like Karen from "Will & Grace"... "Honey, what is this place, where am I, how did I get here?". I'd like to not spend too much money on Jeans, but even the CK ones looked disgust. Moving on to H&M, we were welcomed by black, black, black everything in the lobby... black must be back. Excitement over jeans lasted about 10 minutes, then when we came to our senses we threw them back on the shelf and made a dash for the exit. An obligatory stop at Pottery Barn royally annoyed Philip, but made me feel good about my store! Our last hope was Express, where we actually tried on several pairs and even admired how they fit, but let's be honest... if I'm spending that much on jeans, they better be freaking amazing. So to cheer us up we crossed the street to the Apple Store and pretended like we might actually buy something. All this and still at home by noon.

3 comments:

Tasara said...

Didn't they shriek with joy to see you at Express? I mean, you were there the fateful summer when Structure turned INTO Express!

Allison said...

ok, i am leaving this on your last blog, even though it has been awhile. dear dear. i love your blogs. they are so entertaining, and yet, so you. love them. if don't dont blog before, be sure to blog after the holiday party.

holla!

Anonymous said...

Seriously - I am with Allison...don't tell Philip, but your blog does rival his (when you write that is :)!