Thursday, November 08, 2007

laundry, dishes, and petty fights with Bailey...

Today was very eventful. Having two days off in a row in the middle of the week means two things. 1. That I have to work all weekend and 2. This is my weekend all by myself. So in order to not feel like a total loser, I try to get as many errands done as possible and not sit on the sofa all day watching my dear Tivo. I started my morning by getting up with Philip, bright and early... well, after he left I went back to bed, but soon after I got ready and went to Jewel to sign up for "Pay By Touch", got quarters and went to the laundromat to do 3 loads of laundry. Why waste time sitting at the laundromat watching my clothing spin when I can get so much done at home in between those cycles? So I began doing the dishes and ran back to dry, then ran back to do more dishes, and so on. Leftover rice and beans for lunch...yum!

I decided to hop on the Halsted bus and take back a lamp to CB2 which was missing hardware! SHAME! No worries, we got a nicer one anyway. Bought tickets at Steppenwolf for a show that one of our friends is starring in, then foolishly took the North Avenue bus East and the Clark Bus north, to Best Buy on Clark. I bought myself a SD adapter, so now I can finally put music on my phone. Waited for the Broadway bus Northbound to drop me off right by my building. I do love the Broadway Bus...

More.... I got our rug back from the dry cleaners, and btw... It's not as clean as I had hoped, maybe there is no hope for my Shag. Remembered that I hadn't folded the laundry.. damn! Spent forever doing that, then decided it was the perfect time to try on all my pants and long sleeve shirts to sort through the big ones that i don't need. What fun that was!

So now, I'm sitting waiting for Philip to get home, smelling the deliciousness in the crock pot and watching the uneventful evening news. Oh, btw Bailey and I are happy right now. We only had 3 little fights today, but it's all cool.

No comments: