Sunday, September 18, 2005

weekend fun

It's been a while since I've posted on here. Life has been crazy. School started a few weeks back and I am still working full time at the barn. Between balancing work, papers and reading, class and my social life I'm just about all pooped out. This weekend was a glorious time. Friday night, Philip and I along with two of his Urban life buddies went to Sophie's birthday party on the mid west side of the city. I had to work on Saturday, but in the evening Philip and I with his housemate Alison went to House of Sushi and Noodles for their Maki roll buffet. For only 11.95 a person, and following their rules, you can stuff yourself with as many maki rolls as you can handle. After sushi, Alison departed and Philip and I returned to his apartment in Hyde Park to hang out with some of his housemates. After a gargantous bottle of Guiness Extra Stout and a little bit of "Garden State", that was about it for the evening. This morning we graced Chicago Community Mennonite Church to see friends and their wonderful new pastor, Megan. This afternoon we treated ourselves to yummy tacos and gorditas after which we immediately fell asleep for 3 hours. What a great little weekend. Now, as Monday approaches, return to the craziness that is my life.

No comments: