Monday, August 15, 2005

computer farts?

I seem to be having all the problems with electronics these days. First, I must say that I adore Apple and I love my Ibook G4 dearly. But of late, I have not been in the best mood with my baby. 2 months back, my hard drive crashed.. yes crashed as I was writing a major final paper for my Qualitative Methods Sociology Class. Thanks goodness my professor believed me and let me turn the paper in as soon as I could. Who knew people were this flexible in grad school? Then this past week, as I opened my laptop it started farting! I was overcome with fear, madness, and sheer panic as I had no idea what was happening. 45 minutes on the phone with one of the least talented technicians from Apple Service got me nowhere. He thought it might be the fan. Fan Schman. grrrr.... I decided to try to ignore this obtrusive noise and squeeze it to make it stop when I could. I have just learnt the trick of putting a headphone in the jack to make it stop. Sure, Mr. Apple man it must be my fan...stupido! Oh, that's not all... my faithful airport card is not functioning so well. Yes it, picks up a wireless signal, but not over in that corner or down there. Is it out of range? NO! Everyone else's airport card works fine. Sheesh! Thank goodness for buying Apple Care. Now if only they could send someone to me so that I didn't have to part with my computer for how many days? weeks? what? On a happier note look at Humph:)

No comments: