Friday, August 19, 2005

pierce me

I had the day off today with much to do: visit an apartment for a friend who lives out of town, visit church which is a potential for Philip and my ceremony, and meet with my proffessor about an independent study class. Things went by smoothly, however the apartment was a hole in the wall tiny ass weird apartment which did not receive my stamp of approval. The church was an interesting place. It is this small cute 100 yr old building nestled between many new condo proerties in a hot area on the north side of Chicago. Elizabeth, the administrator was very helpful answering questions and such, as I imagined this as a potential place for Philip and I to celebrate ourselves. So much to think about and so much planning to do. yikes! Here are some photos of the church building.



Also of interest, I recently decided that I wanted to get my ear pierced. So I decided that today was the day. I went to the local piercing and tattoo parlor only to find out that they do not offer gun piercing and that it would cost over $100 to pierce my ear. I was like, um.. goodbye now. So, my friend Darrin and I decided to go to Old Orchard Mall in the suburbs to get my ear pierced at Claire's. Yes, the suburbs! If you know anything about me, you know that I don't really like the suburbs. The people are crazy. that'a all. (yes, I'm sure that's what they think of me and my citymates also, but whatever) Anyway, so I walk into Claire's and the next minute I'm pierced. Oh the pain!

No comments: