Friday, June 15, 2007

is there a demon under my bed?

No, it's just our cat Bailey, who sometimes is like a spoiled brat child, without the talking and responsibility. So we are cat-sitting two sister-cats for our friend Allison as she frolics around Canada on a family vacation and Bailey is not one bit pleased. She has been residing in our bedroom since their arrival and we moved her water, food and litter box in there also, so that she doesn't growl and hiss constantly. She makes occasional visits from under the bed to sit in the window sill or curl up on our bed, but she is royally pissed off. The two cats we are watching have identical collars with bells, which I removed because every time Bailey hears one of those bells she lets out a hiss and a deep roar which can only be described as one you hear in a movie when someone's body has been taken over by a supposed demon. I had no idea, Bailey had that Base tone in her and I'm sure she wishes she didn't have to share it. The funny thing is that these two cats who are sisters have begun to hiss at each other in a somewhat, "back off crazy and let me discover this area first". Even more, the nice friendly skinny one was growling at me in a fake friendly way when she wanted to get away from me, but without any anger or hate. I think she simply heard it and is using it instead of meowing. Oh, and in order to give you a visual image, these cats have been shaved everywhere except the points of their tails and their feet, so they look somewhat royal... and I think it has gotten to their heads!

2 comments:

philidendron said...

you didn't mention the snort/grunts she makes when her growler gets a little dry.

just sad.

Anonymous said...

Poor Bailey. I can easily imagine it all, as I recall hearing the deep guttural growl emerging from sweet Bailey when Jordan and Marco brought their kitten over for Marla to pick him up.