Tuesday, October 16, 2007

the holidays have begun

Yesterday at work, I was discussing the our Holiday 1 floor-set which goes up the last Sunday of October.  One of my co-workers said, "so you mean the 28th, like before Halloween?".  I, of course with a smart grin said, "yes... many boutique stores already have their trees and ornaments on display".  In all reality when I step back to think about it, it really is quite crazy!  As I looked through my department photo book, and excited myself with the new product, packaging, and "natural theme" I couldn't help but stop and think about why the holidays on the actual holiday have begun to mean less and less to me.  By the time Christmas is here, I'm so tired of seeing red and hearing "Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer" that it's just a nice day off to rest.  In no way should you take this as a "David is turning on the holidays blog", but simply a blend of excitement and tiredness for the next two weeks of October which catapult in to 8 weeks of holiday shopping and then the meaningless cycle of work as January comes and the fiscal year ends.  So, watch out people... Rudolph will be here before you know it!  Are you ready?

2 comments:

philidendron said...

remember how we bought our christmas tree on thanksgiving day last year?

Tasara said...

I am ready! Holiday parties mean I get to wear my sparkly sweater. I beseech you not to have your party the weekend of dec. 7-8....I NEED an excuse for the sweater.