Thursday, October 25, 2007

sickly old me

I'm sick again, with some horrible throat infection, no doubt Strep Throat. Last night was the worst. I had so many different meds in my body, my poor stomach couldn't even handle it and sometime in the middle of the night.. up it came... mostly the awful tasting NyQuil. I woke up feeling depressed knowing I couldn't call in sick to work because I was the only key holder opening and there was no one to call sick in to. How awful:(. So I pulled myself out of bed, took an extra warm shower and took the bus to work. I made tea to take along and drank it all. Philip and i don't really buy coffee on a daily basis anymore like we used to, but I figured being sick was a great excuse to spend 2 dollars on an extra hot white tea. Oh how it felt so good. How joyful that it was "Re-forecasting Thursday", because I got to spend an hour in the office re forecasting payroll and sales and adjusting the week's schedules to it. It was nice to sit down for a break. Anyway, I think these antibiotics are finally kicking in... my uvula is shrinking back to normal size and I can actually swallow more that liquids now. Oh the joy of being sick!

1 comment:

Christa & Scott said...

Boo. Being sick sucks. I just got over a bronchitis-type thing a couple weeks ago and it was awful. I hope you're feeling better soon! Do you have any time off this weekend? My prescription: stay in bed. It's the best medicine. :)
Ps-- are you coming to OH anytime for Christmas? Scott and I will be home the 26th-Jan 1.