Friday, October 05, 2007

sourdough or bagels?

I was awaken this morning by my dad calling from China. He said he was using me as a guinea pig to see if his internet phone was working before he called actual business customers. Nonetheless, it was nice hearing from him and fun to chat. Thank goodness for this early wake up call as it allowed me to have a very productive morning. I made two dozen bagels with onions, sesame and flax seeds and may I say, they are quite delicious. There are only 22 left on the counter. I've come to realize that baking sourdough bread or any bread for that matter is very easy and so fulfilling. There's nothing more relaxing than kneeding dough and watching it rise and then tasting the your product with your very essence in it, made with your hands. Maybe this shall become a new hobby, hopefully without adding too many carb-enduced pounds.

No comments: