Tuesday, February 20, 2007

The music has arrived

Back in the beginning of November, Philip and I made a necessary large purchase... a litte VW Rabbit, which has now become our new baby. I remember the first time the salesperson was going over the product knowledge, I randomly heard "and it comes with a guitar". What the heck? Why would anyone sell a car with a guitar, or give a guitar away with a car? Anyway, I just thought of it as an extra bonus and a great conversation piece. 111 days later our baby's baby arrived... well, more like I picked it up because FedEx Home Delivery attempted delivery thrice, and we all know getting a package in the city is near impossible for all those normal people who work during the day.
So, I made the trek to Northbrook, IL... in morning rush hour traffic (what was I thinking?) into an area that reminded me of US33 stretch in Dunlap, IN and arrived at the FedEx 'place' and got my beautiful package. Philip and I tuned the baby this afternoon and played around on it a bit. Right across from me on the chair that Bailey normally inhabits sits comfortably a beautiful Black and While new member of our family... thank god, we don't have to change this one's litter. Let's see how long the excitement lasts.

2 comments:

philidendron said...

yes, thank goodness it doesn't require a litter box. we both know who'd be cleaning it most of the time...

just kidding. sort of.

Anonymous said...

First shot David and Phil tuning their Fender guitar they just got this year!

Now you can really sing/play along to RENT!:)