Sunday, February 04, 2007

You Better Belize It White Chicken Chili

So, we went to a Super Bowl party tonight where everyone brings some form of Chili and then we all vote on the best. Mine did not win, but it certainly did not lose. The winning Chili was called "Sweaty Balls" and I'm sure won solely based on its name and the few hours on marketing at the party. Anyway, I loved the Chili Recipe I made up and suggest you try it at home, so here's the recipe:

2-3 Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts (cooked)
2 Cans Pinto Beans
2 Cans Northern Beans
1 Can Red Beans
1 Can Coconut Milk
1 Can Chicken Stock
3 Tbsp Brown Sugar
1 Habanero Pepper (chopped tiny)
1 Jalepeno Pepper (sliced)
Corn starch for thickening.

Pan fry or boil whole chicken breasts and then dice before adding to crock pot. Throw all ingredients in a crock pot and cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Be careful with the peppers as they may burn your skin, and if you do not like super spicy recipes, then leave out the Habanero Pepper. One hour before the Chili is done, add corn starch to thicken liquid to your desire. Serve Hot and enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there cuz. So... why don't you blog more often? I'm stuck out here in KANSAS teaching a bunch of punk kids... I need some entertainment! I'm sorry David, but I must say, Phil is the ultimate blogger. I'm sorry, I know we're family and everything, but you're just slacking. Sigh. But, I love you anyway. ;)
Christa