Saturday, February 24, 2007

Snow...Ice :(

As we began closing things at work tonight, it started snowing outside. I'm talking about humongous 1.5 -2 inch clusters of big ass white snow. You can imagine how elated I was at the sight of this. I love snow... so very much. I went outside to help do the trash and just stood amongst the beauty falling everywhere around me. Such a great site! I took the red line home as I do everyday and was excited to walk home in the wondrous weather around me, until I stepped outside the station and began to be pelted by HUGE pebbles of ice. Not just your normal size tiny sleet bits, but Big Balls of ice about a 1/4 inch in some cases. My face was stinging and I had to walk all hunched over. It was at this moment that I realized my feelings toward winter weather may just be superficial and moments of temporary insanity. Walking amidst nature surrounded by a city of cement is never as glorious as one may imagine. No, I don't hate snow and ice... but I surely don't appreciate being abused by 'mother nature'.

No comments: