Monday, January 11, 2010

chinese food is my favorite food

My boss took me on a surprise lunch outing to an undisclosed restaurant. As we pulled into the Evanston city parking spot and got out of the car I was still unsure of where we were going. There were several restaurants across the street. I glanced at each and secretly hoped that we were going for Chinese. We entered Joy Yee's Noodle Kitchen to my delight. The modern dining room was filled with hexagonal metal chairs in a stunning gunmetal finish. The enormous menu was filled with multiple options and coordinating photos. It was overwhelming, but very exciting. We ordered "make your own" chicken spring rolls, Mongolian Beef, and Spicy Mongolian Green Beans. As we sipped our hot tea the food began coming out. The portions were huge but very enticing to the eye. The actual taste was even better. To top that all off our fortunes were very true:) On the ride home we took what I will call the scenic route back to the store. Enter Vertigo. All in all it was a delightful trip and I definitely recommend it if you are in the neighborhood.

4 comments:

Christa & Scott said...

We've discovered "the best" chinese restaurant in town here in Elkhart. No really, they are the best because it's written on their sign. We're also even more in love with a Thai restaurant in South Bend, which we just discovered this past fall. It's three shades of awesome, complete with a hilariously mean waitress. Come visit and we'll treat. :)

Unknown said...

I'm confused ... how is the restaurant undisclosed, because you name it in your post!?

philidendron said...

i think he meant that his boss didn't tell him where they were going for lunch...

by the way, chinese food is totally david's weakness...

Tasara said...

FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!!!!!!