Monday, January 18, 2010

expressway

I never drive the expressway to work. I always take city and suburban streets and love that I don't have to get on I-94. One of my favorite things on my route to work is the drive thru Starbucks where most of them know my drink by heart :) Anyway, after work I had to go to a store in the city and the best way to get there was to take 94. So off I go with my back seat full of boxes blocking my rear view sight. For some reason I think West is the right way to go. I think the suburbs had me turned around. West goes to to Wisconsin and I definitely did not want to go to Wisconsin. I think quickly and get out my handy new GPS and before she gets all started up I get off at the next exit thinking I could just turn around. Wrong. That exit went East and no U-turns were allowed. Anyway, my GPS kicks in and starts yelling to me in her very nice British voice, "turn now...recalculating....go .2 miles and turn left....turn now....recalculating" and on and on. Still going the wrong way I turn into a small mall parking lot to turn around. I finally make it on the expressway going the right way and make it into the city. One would think I don't know my way around, but I think I'm too comfortable that I don't even pay attention anymore. Now I know. Pay attention.

No comments: