Sunday, January 10, 2010

TB

As often happens, Philip called me right as I was leaving work to let me know that he wanted some Taco Bell for dinner. When I started driving to work one small thing that made my day was a drive-thru Starbucks on the way to work. One small thing that made Philip excited was that I passed a Taco Bell every day. He soon began phoning every once in a while to request a quick pick up of a chalupa or gordita on my way home.
Recently we began trying to let go of the many extra calories that we ingested over the glutenous weeks between Thanksgiving and New Years by watching our calories and eating healthier. Thus, I was surprised when he wanted some TB... however he had prepared himself and chosen a few from their website with low calories. As I pulled up to the window I ordered what he wanted and a few things for myself not even thinking about how unhealthy there might be. When I got home and added them up, I realized that my three items made up 70% of my daily calorie allotment! Boy, did they taste good. So, farewell TB...I shall have no more of you during however long this health kick lasts.

2 comments:

Tasara said...

Is this the same health kick you were on when you drove to the gym? The gym that's a few blocks away? Good luck with TB & S.bux.

philidendron said...

TB is my weakness. forget hamburgers, french fries, pizza...i can leave it all. but put taco bell in front of me and there's no hope.