Friday, January 08, 2010

driving home...

After a 7 hour journey, I made it home to Chicago today. With my handy new GPS, I had the authoritative voice of Samantha to comfort me every time I needed to continue route. A few hours in, I decided to see what other options were available and switched to a British male and later female voice. There's something very comforting that comes with the accent. The trip was fairly uneventful. There was a stop at a faulty ATM, then a good one that charged way too much, a foolish stop at McDonalds for a steak bagel and a hashbrown as well as Hardees for their Crispy Curls (there's something about deep fried potatoes that I simply cannot resist), and filling up with cheap (in relation to Chicago prices) gasoline. I even uneventfully made it through an intense lake effect snow band in NW Indiana that slowed traffic down to 20 mph with nothing in sight.
So here I am at home again with a messy house and two pets to mind. Back to reality.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ummm .... don't forget Phil!

philidendron said...

uh--yea! what about philip!